Sunday, July 14, 2013

Florida 2011

Florida 2011

Unfortunately, I have yet to travel the entire world. There are many places and things I have yet to see and do. However, my adventure started just a few years ago in Florida.


Yes, yes that is the castle from Disney World. I mean really, who goes to Florida and doesn't visit the mouse?! My adventure started out at Logan International Airport, I have to admit I was a tad nervous. I like to think of myself as the independent type, this however was a first for me- the first time at an airport, the first time flying, and the first time traveling alone. I had a blast.

Here I was in the Florida for the first time and I only had a week to explore. Let me just start off by saying that my hotel was great, I was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel Plaza Boulevard thanks to a loved one. The hotel looked very posh, the staff at the front desk were very friendly, and the rooms were faultless. 

Just look at the view!






During my trip, I had limited money and time so I only ended up exploring the four Disney World Parks- Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios (or MGM Studios as some may know it as). I know there are only four parks and I had a whole week, but I can honestly say there was more than enough to experience! I didn't even manage to do everything there was to do.

I started off with Epcot, which just happens to be my favorite of the four (and before anyone thinks it has to do with Ellen DeGeneres's attraction, well it just might! :]). All in all, I was quite surprised when I discovered this was my favorite park. Epcot is absolutely amazing, stunning, and all of the above- it really is. The only problem is that this park isn't the typical concept people think of when they think of Disney World. Epcot is a place to learn, explore, relax, and still have the time of your life. Because of this problem, you can't really capture the experience of Epcot in words or videos. Unlike the other parks with the YouTube thrill rides, Epcot has to be experienced in the flesh to capture its true essence.


This magical park has so much to offer. I would have to say that my top three favorite attractions would be Soarin', Ellen's Energy Adventure, and Test Track. Attractions aside, Epcot offers so much more. Epcot offers a taste of culture. Around the park are pavilions from around the world, providing park guests a view in the life of. All of this said, IllumiNations by far blew me away. I can honestly say it is perfect ending to a great day.
 
In second place comes Magic Kingdom. Now this is the more typical concept people think of when they think of Disney. (Before I go on, I must clarify that all the parks need to be experienced in the flesh to fully gain the amazing experience- not just Epcot.) The park has great rides, attractions, shows, and fireworks.


Out of all the options Magic Kingdom has to offer, my favorite attractions are: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Jungle Cruise. These rides are truly a blast of fun. However, because I'm not a huge ride person- the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes Nighttime Spectacular by far are my top things to do here. 

Next we have Disney's Hollywood Studios. Out of all the parks this happens to be the most intense ride wise. My favorites include The Twilight Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. These rides are a must, and that's coming from a non thriller ride person!

 
 Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a lot more to check out. For example some of my favorite things to do other than rides are: the Muppet Visison 3D, the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, and Fantasmic!. There really is something for every one at Disney.


Last, but not least, The Animal Kingdom. Fair warning for all you travelers in the summer, this park is the hottest of all of them- at least in my opinion. I didn't really have the opportunity to experience this park properly as the heat really got to me (it got to be 103 degrees F during my trip). However, I did manage to enjoy a bit of what the park has to offer. A few of these are Expedition Everest and It's Tough to be a bug!. The one thing I do have to say about this park is that the Rainforest Cafe is a must. I know I didn't include restaurants in the other parks, but this one is the only one that stood out to me. The restaurant is amazing, and the food is great too! :) 

All in all, Disney World is an amazing experience. I can not wait to go back and explore more of Disney and Florida. 
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment